Monday 19 November 2007

I am a very stylish boy.....how do I look?

What a cold weekend we had. Time for the 'Piccadilly Highlander' outfit again I'm afraid. There were no friends around at all for wrestling so nothing for it but a good run after the bicycle around Victoria Park and he loves it.

I've decided for now that Hamish is a very well behaved dog and we're pals. However saying that, we just walked past Radio's house this morning and he couldn't come out but as I was talking on the phone with Andrea and we seen them at the window and Radio started barking and Hamish jumped through the fence and ran up the road towards Radio's door. On the second attempt he came back to me when I blew his whistle, but he was out of sight and round the corner in a flash (luckily there were no cars around). Of course it would have been better if he hadn't wandered off at all, but progress is progress, one day at a time. One day he will surrender to the whistle - immediately I hope.

5 comments:

Radio said...

radio surely kept barking forever (sorry neighbours) because i could hear him til i left the estate. ....lets face it....they love each other!

redgirls-in-scotland said...

Hohoho ... well we scotanarchists would not for for one moment be blaming Hamish for his determination to find his hero and mentor. And in those circumstances to be ignoring whistle instructions. We understand.Here there is game EVERYWHERE at the mo. So we are giving our mum serious recall headaches.But.Hey If she wanted robots she should have chosen labs.

Mum says. Steven and Ross keep pratising. And not in tempting situations. I too have been advised to keep redgirls on long lines and to discourage independent hunting.But.Im not going to do that. Hat and Bert allowed some fun after all.And I too need to enjoy our walks. But I still need to know I can be absolutely certain they'll come back if REALLY important (like near a road)If in doubt Mz Bert is back on a lead for as long as it takes. Mz Hat is a good girl though. Fingers crossed.

XXX

Hamish said...

Yes they do love each other don't they...thing is that was near a road. ..so does that mean he needs to be back on the dreaded long line again? I did put him on the leash for about a quarter of an hour after that incident. When you say 'for as long as it takes' do you mean hours or weeks?

I'm convincing myself he's getting better and I'm getting better at teaching him and being a good leader even.

Charlie said...

Glad the whistle is going well. I still jump up too - I've even broken mum's nose (she swears I did - black eyes and clicky nose, dad says I didn't and she was being a big wuss) - to be fair she was leaning down to me as I leaned up so not really 'jumping' too badly (ahem).

I especially like to jump up when we walk under the underpass to the big park with the squirrels - the folks tease me by making echo-ey noises that are TOO exciting for words. So don't worry about jumping up Hamish. We have to retain a *bit* of mischief!

Hamish said...

Thanks Charlie, our jumping up is getting a bit better (apart from when we get home at night then Hamish finds it very difficult to control himself) he even leaps off the sofa. In the end he sits nicely for a toy or something to hold in his mouth which he pretends is a present for us but he doesn't really want to give it up.

The gundog club sent us a 211.5 whistle by mistake, do you think it matters?