Monday 18 June 2007

Going Quackers in St. James's Park

Some days I take Hamish to work with me in Covent Garden. He gets to meet lots of new people and gets huge amounts of attention. A bit too much perhaps as now he occasionally can't even be bothered to wag his tail when yet another stranger wants to say hello. Maybe this is just a sign of him getting a bit more grown up and calming down? He loves it when it's cold enough for the fire to be on so he can lie down in front of it, and I must say he does look very 'to the manor born'. Funnily enough he's always quite well behaved in my office and generally lies down and guess what...sleeps for the first 3hrs. Then he gets a bit frisky and plays with some toys for a while until I can stop to take him out to St. James's park and occasionally if I 've got time to Green Park which is better for letting him off the lead (no ducks and the like).
Hamish is now more interested in the water-foul in St. James's park. He shows no aggression, so I really don't know if he just wants to say hello to them like he would another dog - or cat even, but he did try to squeeze through the fence, then to squeeze under it until I had to drag him away disappointed - sorry wee fella.





Here he is posing in front of Buckingham Palace.


You got to grab some water when you're on the go.

5 comments:

redgirls-in-scotland said...

Our mum used to live in Hyde Park Gate.A very long time ago.So she LOVED your London pics.

But we redgirls have to instruct little Hamish that ducks and anything similarly fowly/feathery can NEVER be our friends.Please inform your humans ?

We think you've got them pretty well sorted but keep them on their toes huh?

XXXXXXXXX

Hamish said...

Yes, I suppose I knew that hunting dogs and fowl really can't mix socially but was just being romantic (another word for foolish). But he doesn't run at birds the same way he does with squirrels?

With birds he's deathly still and almost seems respectful but I suppose he's just stalking them like a lion waiting for the moment to strike?

So where do the redgirls live then? How close to Barrhead?

Anonymous said...

Brilliant pics Hamish. I always want to be friends with all other animals but as soon as they run I just have to chase. Apparently this scares them but is sooooooooo much fun.

Can't wait to meet you on July 15th I am really looking forward to it. I will be the one on the lead until everyone has calmed slightly and said their hellos as this is the part I don't like.
Keep up the mischeif.
xxx

redgirls-in-scotland said...

Ah little Hamish what you are doing with those birds just goes to prove that you have proper gundog instincts. And we have not forgotten how well you did at the working test.Yes a handsome boy with brains. MMM.

Mum's brother lives in sunny Barrhead but Redgirls live near Lockerbie. We hope to be moving soon though(see our blog!)

Hamish said...

How interesting that there's a Vizsla connection in Barrhead of all places...? I was in Eskdalemuir at Samye Ling Monastery over Christmas and New Year. It's quite nice around there and I had a brilliant time. I'm going to check your blog again to see where you are moving to. Hmmm