Wednesday 15 October 2008

Birthday Treat - Stapleford Park

Last week was my birthday and as a surprise I was taken early on Saturday morning on the train to Grantham not knowing what to expect or where I was going....
Hamish and I got up very early on Sunday to catch the first sunshine.It was a such a fantastic weekend and we all had the best time. It really was so nice to be spoiled in the country and to soak up the wonderful peace and quiet. There was even a lake for swimming and the most pheasants and grouse we've ever seen.
Hamish was made to feel so welcome. Everyone knew his name already and there was even a dog bed (not that he slept in it - shhhhh!) and a water bowl and even gravy bones in the room for him.
The sky remained blue all day Saturday and Sunday too.
As you know I like to take lots of pictures so rather than bore you all here I've now made it optional. If you'd like to see more of our trip to Stapleford Park please see the link below:

12 comments:

Radio said...

hi Ross, i had no idea is was your B-Day!!!!!!!!! happiest to you, lets meet up for cake soon! love A and L

Hamish said...

Yes please and I want to hear all about the Lake District too.

lots of love x

Radio said...

yupee

redgirls-in-scotland said...

life's not FAIR! Mz Hat here. Hamish how do you work it? It's ROSS's birthday and YOU get to be the centre of attention. Today it's MY birthday(it really is) and I haven't had a SCRAP of fussing. Not one tiny bit.
Di says that's a sweet little cottage that you stayed in!

XXX

Hamish said...

I blame blogging Hat. It seems the only purpose of taking a photo these days is with the blog in mind and that means Hamish usually (not always) has to be in it.

I'm not saying that Hamish doesn't get fussed over generally but the blog does give a bit of a exaggerated view of his lifestyle.

Am I making you feel any better....? Honestly though at this cottage they are head over heels about dogs - no apologies necessary at all. It makes a huge difference to a relaxing time away.

I hear that's how thing are in Lockerbie too if we ever make it up that far again we'll have to stay over at your cottage.

xxxx

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday.

Glad you had a good time.

Anna

redgirls-in-scotland said...

Oh Hamish Mz Hat again- I began to feel just a wincy bit better upon hearing from you (your kind comments the very nearest thing to a birthday card that I got today - sniff)and then you mentioned *blog* well have you noticed SHE has not been available to help us update ours since JULY! 3 months ago! So now I am feeling very sad and neglected again. Yes. I have taken to my bed. With a thumping headache. (I might get better quite quickly though if you do come and visit?)

Hopefully yours

XXX

Hamish said...

Shameful of me Hat but I didn't actually say the words...will you ever forgive me.

If it's not too late may I wish you now the very, very best and Happiest Birthday and many, many happier returns.

We will be in Lockerbie one day don't you worry.

xox

Toby The Toddler said...

Hi Hamish et al,

Loce this blog and super duper pics. Where did you stay as I would love to go and take Toby with me (see his blog on http://myvizsla.wordpress.com)

You seem to go to such lovely places. Poor Toby is not so well travelled - I fyou are ever in Warwickshire and fancy a walk with a 10 month old puppy - le me know!

Delilah and Rocket said...

What fab pics! You rock and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Anonymous said...

Now that looks like a nice place to stay. I have looked it up on the computer and it looks quite posh. Lucky you!

Radio said...

hello!!!!