Monday 19 May 2008

My Celebrity Friend and Ducks? Wot Ducks















Yes, ok there are rather a lot of photos in this installment - but it's mostly for Steven's benefit cos he's in Australia, so the rest of you will just have to put up with our indulgence for now.








On the road....
Cooling down...
Posing...
Viz or Bunny girl?
On Tuesday we went back to ringcraft classes in North London. What a trek it is too. If I can convince Hamish that this can be fun we'll give the show ring another chance. Just missed the deadline for Windsor but hope to go to Richmond later in the year. On arriving we met another lovely Vizsla called Ruby, she's only six months old and very well behaved . Hamish had a lot to live up to because Andy recognised us from this very blog. They called him a celeb...!With all the good weather Hamish has again found his fantastic enthusiasm for swimming (and diving in).
Mirror, mirror......?
Sitting pretty among the 'English ' bluebells (did you know our forests are being overtaken by the inferior 'Spanish' variety?This one's especially for Steven. He left this old jumper behind for Hamish to remember his scent while he's away. Hamish has tried to rip it to shreds but stops in his tracks and sniffs it like fury then didn't try to rip it since.
Hamish has a celebrity friend called Treacle (she was once on 'Dog Borstal'). She's not naughty any more just mischeivious and Conrad (Hamish's dogwalker) calls them the delinquents. They truly love each other.
Poster boy in the water on Hampstead Heath.
I smell a rat!
Now tell me if this is normal for a Vizsla. Look at this short video......

He's swimming for a treat in the water, takes it and doesn't even register the ducks. It could be all those walks on St. James' Park since he was little but I didn't even have to say 'leave it'. I'm sure it's a bit too laid back for a gun dog? All answers on a postcard please (comments will do.)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking good Hamish. If you do come to Richmond we will have to meet up. I have my first show in a long time next Sunday. Mum is hoping that this year I will qualify for crufts - not sure i will though.

Zig x

Hamish said...

All the best of luck for next Sunday Anna and Ziggy. It's not as easy as it looks really. I'm sure you'll do great. Paddock End really needs the support at the moment after the Jackie Perkins article.

Anyway, the dogs speak for themselves I think and we got lots of support from Elaine Cannon (Highforce) and Jeanna Jones (Addaci) when we met them at the Mid Herts. Show.

In the meantime we'll keep on practicing and might see you at Richmond.

Ross x

Anonymous said...

What was the article? Jeanna has always been really kind to me at the shows too. I am really nervous because I haven't been around to do as much training as I would like with Zig.

All the best
Anna

Hamish said...

I've sent you an email with the article attached Anna.

Ross x

Anonymous said...

Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Just looked to check my passes for Southern Counties and realised that the show is actually on Friday :) Good thing I checked or I would have lost alot of money and felt very stupid.

Even more nervous now :eek: