Thursday 31 May 2007

A natural at ring craft....?

We thought this might be a sign of things to come and that he'd take to standing still easily for the judges at shows...not so at all. Hamish just thought ringcraft class was wicked torture. How could we take him into a room filled with potential new best friends and not let him play with anyone? Well, he just wriggled, pulled and whined for the whole time and went home very frustrated. They say it takes time to get used to it but we still aren't convinced that there's any pleasure in it for the dogs...? I'm willing to see it differently if anyone with better experience can explain why people bother to show?

What is this white stuff? After a brief initial hesitation Hamish loved the snow, but not for long as he hates the cold.







This was taken on one of Hamish's first walks after his injections.

3 comments:

redgirls-in-scotland said...

Why do people bother to show?? Because when you do well it is the very biggest buzz (for the humans that is). And actually redgirls don't mind it at all. Standing still for a while IS a bit tedious but if you show off and get one of those rozzie things the humans are SO pleased that you get lots of cuddles and special treats. Also if you go often enough you get to meet your friends. Redgirls usually have a ball. And it sure does beat hanging around this god-forsaken hell hole.

Oh so Ross is from Barrhead. Ah tis a small world !

Hamish said...

I should try him a few more times at a different class and see how he gets on. He is very playful and I don't want to take that away from him. If I can just see that he too will get something out of it then I will be appeased. I do worry about it all being a bit fascist though...

On another note do y'all know Barrhead?

Brisztow Jones said...

Dear Mr. Hamish,

Simply put, you are a stud. Being a successful show girl myself I have found that I have not lost any of my bounding, playing abilities nor perchance to mischeif.

In fact mom decided early on to not really work on me too much but to just to get a basic "stack" down as my only skill, instead of the more traditional "sit." Somehow that seemed to work. Perhaps this is something you should try?

best of luck.

Wuff,
Brisztow Jones